Duration of study : 4 years (8 Semesters)
Mechanical Engineering Technology (Naval Architecture) is a programme that combines the science, naval architecture and engineering of ship machining systems. The core of the programme includes studies related to naval architecture, hydrostatic and static/dynamic stability of ships or floating structures, ship machining and instrumentation, ship power plants, ship management and operating systems, and safety based on standards by the marine safety agency and the International Maritime Organization (IMO). Elements implemented include naval architecture and ship construction, mechanical engineering, electrical, electronics, software and security used in the engineering design, classification, maintenance, and operation processes for vessels and floating structures. The programme provides professional knowledge and skills for jobs in the shipping, marine and oil and gas industries.
- Engineering technology programmes that involve 60% “hands-on” in line with industry requirements.
- Wide employment opportunities in maritime, marine, and oil and gas fields.
- Comprehensive laboratory facilities.
- Opportunities for industrial training at construction and shipbuilding companies, oil and gas companies, leading ports, government agencies, and training & education institutions.
- Naval Architect
- Engineering Technologist for machine/instrumentation
- Offshore & Coastal Engineering Technologist
- Construction & Maintenance Engineering Technologist
- Ship Design Consultants
- Marine Surveyor
- QC Officer
- Marine Operations Officer
- Lecturer / Educator
- Classification Society Officer
- Technical / Sales Executive
- Science Officer / Researcher
- STPM: Obtain C (2.00) in one of the following subjects: Mathematics / Physics.
- Matriculation/Foundation: Obtain C (2.00) in one of the following subjects: Mathematics / Physics / Engineering subjects.
- Diploma: Obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.00 in a related recognized field.
- A minimum of level 2 (Band 2) in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET)